Sunday 26 October 2014

Tweet of the Day

Before breakfast I went for a walk, more of a mission to find a marker pen for H (he likes to set these little tasks to keep me on my toes!).  To set the scene: the sky was blue with a couple of whispy cirrus clouds and the air was clear and fresh. The locals were taking part in the traditional Sunday morning pastime of emptying their dogs and a quartet of middle aged gentlemen were on a court in their sports kit thumping a ball against a wall. The background noise was gentle traffic from the nearby ring road punctuated by the occasional whack of a hard ball against a concrete wall. 
Then I heard a familiar squawking noise which made me think of London: Greenwich Park in particular. I looked around and the next time the rude screech cut through the sound of the traffic and elderly sporting noises, a small flock of green parakeets flew over. This coupled with the excitement of seeing a happy hoopoe yesterday has set me in a fine mood and ready for my coffee!
NLM

Green parakeet


Hoopoe

I would love to say that I took these photos ... But I did not!